It's time to spell trouble.
Séance: Spectral Noise is a supernatural visual novel that chronicles the adventures of a pair of mystery-solving spirit mediums.
A group of recent high school graduates get more than they bargained for when they enlist the services of Zarah, a wandering spirit medium known as The Planespeaker. Zarah's paranormal specialty is the Séance: an occult ritual in which the dead are polled for truth, comfort, and guidance.
What begins as an inquiry into the death of their friend soon spirals into a massive conspiracy that threatens to engulf the sleepy port town of Beacon's Bluff. The truth is buried deep, but with guile, resolve, and a little magic, it may yet see the light of day.
With the cards stacked against them, it'll take a cunning spirit to steer our heroes in the right direction.
That's where you come in.
Join Zarah and her new acquaintances in this supernatural tale about truth, death, and the memories we leave behind.
- Enjoy a thrilling visual novel broken into five huge chapters
- Manipulate Spell Cards to guide your summoners towards the truth — or completely derail the conversation
- Keep tabs on characters, concepts, and events in your trusty journal
- Flex your detective skills and find carefully-hidden secrets
- Use the clues at your disposal to thwart a sinister plot in the town of Beacon's Bluff!
Please give our early access demo a try! We're using this build to gather general feedback and catch early bugs/issues.
- There's is currently no save functionality! It is recommended that you block out around 1 hour to play the demo all the way through (maybe a bit longer if you're streaming/recording). Don't worry - in the full game, you'll be able to skip the first chapter if you don't want to replay it.
- This is still a pre-alpha build - there are bound to be some issues!
- Speaking of which, some users have reported misc. issues with the "Journal" functionality. Thankfully, that feature isn't required to complete the demo. I'm trying to reproduce this issue so please let me know if you encounter it (our Discord is the best place to do this).
- You can hold Enter to skip past dialogue at a very fast rate, which is useful if you're playing through the demo a second time to find something specific. Be warned, though, the skipping functionality is has the potential to be a little buggy!
- I haven't tested the Mac version too thoroughly - let me know if you run into any issues!
- A small number of users are unable to progress past the "breathing exercise" early on in the demo. I'm looking into this right now and will post an update when it has been resolved! A temporary workaround is: instead of clicking on the "Read the Light" chapter, scroll down and tap on "Read the Light (no fx)". This version of the Chapter 1 has no background shader effects, which I believe was causing the issue.
CW: Mention of suicide.
Follow us on social media to keep tabs on the game!